Registration of a Visiting Student
A visiting student is the one who studies some courses at another university or at one of the branches of the university to which he belongs
without transferring to it. The courses that he/she studied can be noted as equivalent courses in accordance with the following regulations:
First, a student of King Saud University (in Riyadh or in one of its branches) and wishes to study as a visiting student at another university.
- The student should have a transcript with a GPA for at least two semesters in the college which he joined before he/she applies to study
as a visiting student.
- The prior approval from the student's college should be obtained to allow him/her to study as a visiting student along with specifying the
courses to be studied. The college has the right to impose getting a certain average so as to note the course as equivalent. An official letter
from the Deanship of Admissions and Registration is tendered to the student so as to start studying as a visiting student.
- Study should be in a recognizedcollege or university.
- The course studied by the student at the other university should be equivalent in its syllabus, and its credit units should not be less than
those of the respective course approved in the requirements of graduation.
- Subject to paragraph (c3) of Article ( Forty-two ), the maximum of the total credit units that can be reckoned from outside the university
is (20%) twenty percent of the total units required for graduation from King Saud University.
- The averages of the courses that are noted as equivalent for the visiting student are not reckoned within the GPA, whereas the courses
are listed in his/her transcript.
The student must furnish the Deanship of Admissions and Registration with the course averages he/she got during two weeks as of the
start ofthe first semester following the period of study as a visitor. In case of not providing the averages, he/she is deemed failing to
attend during those semesters (except the summer session), and is treated pursuant to Article (15).
The monthly stipend is disbursed to the visiting student if he/she is entitled to it via manual payment orders following providing the averages
of the semester to the Deanship of Admissions and Registration
- The student checks with his/her college after ascertaining that he/she meets the conditions that allow him to study as a visiting student at
a recognized university in accordance with the aforesaid executive statutes of King Saud University. He/she should provide the college with
the titles and numbers of the courses he/she wishes to study at the other university along with course descriptions. The student should also
make sure that the courses are offeredin the semester during which he/she wishes to study.
- The Dean of the College addresses, to the Dean of Admissions and Registration, a letter of approval that includes the courses allowed to
be studied (the numbers, symbols, titles, and number of credit hours of the courses according to the university at which the student intends
to study as a visiting student and their respective equivalent courses at King Saud University).
- the Dean of Admissions and Registration addresses a letter to the Dean of Admissions and Registration at the university where the study
is requested. The letter includes the courses whose study is requested, and the student is given a copy.
- Then, the student heads for the university at which he applied for studying as a visitor to complete registration procedures.
- The student provides the Deanship of Admissions and Registration with the averages he/she obtained in an original stamped transcript
within two weeks as of the start of the first semester following the period of study as a visitor. The college forwards course equivalencies to
the Deanship and, in turn, the stipend is disbursed after entering the grades on the academic system.In case of not providing the averages,
the student is, on the other hand, deemed failing to attend during those semesters.
Registering a visiting student of another university at King Saud University
- The student must have a transcript with a GPA for at least two semesters from his/her university, to which he/she has been admitted.
- He/she must not be dismissed on disciplinary or educational grounds.
- He/she must get prior written approval from his/her university to study as a visiting student at King Saud University. Decidedly, King
Saud University courses which the student wishes to study should be mentioned in the approval letter.
- He/she should get the approval of the college in which he wishes to study as a visiting student.
- The maximum number of semesters that the student is allowed to study as a visitor is two semesters.
- The visiting student is not eligible for accommodations at the university and may not receive a stipend from King Saud University.
- The courses are registered for the student by the college in which he/she wishes to study, noting that all the registration regulations
of courses shall be observed.
To view descriptions of courses, click on the electronic portfolio.
- The student should check with the department that offers the courses he wishes to study at King Saud University in order to review
the course descriptions and ascertain that they are offered in the summer session .
- The student must bring a letter from his/her university stating the courses he/she wishes to study (the number, code and title of the
course, and the number of credit hours determined by King Saud University).
- The student must check with the Admissions Department at King Saud University, bringing the letter with two copies of it and a copy
of his/her state ID card. After that, the student number can be obtained provided that specified deadlines are observed.
- The student proceeds to the college concerned so as to enroll in the courses (according to the available class sections), noting that
specified deadlines should be observed. Numbers of class sections can be obtained and their details can be known through accessing
the course schedule by visiting the academic system portal then by selecting " the offered courses" in the main menu on the right side
of the page.
- The student's results shall be sent to his/her university after completion of their release. Accordingly, he/she receives the stipend from
his/her own university.