Stipends and their Dispensing Policy
- Stipends are paid to all Saudi students attending undergraduate and graduate studies and not having in any governmental job, as well as foreign scholarship students and students of Saudi mothers .Stipends are deposited in students' bank accounts, noting that ATM cards are given to them by their respective colleges. The stipend amount is (SR 1000) for scientific studies students,(SR 850) for social studies and humanities students, and (SR900) for graduate studies students.
- Stipends are paid regularly during all the original period, i.e. , the scheduled program period for graduation according to the study plan approved by the University Board. For example, the original period of the Art Faculty is four years. It is calculated as of the semester in which the student is admitted to the university, including withdrawal and transfer semesters , but excluding deferral semesters.
- Stipends are not paid for the summer session unless the student joins the university during it, or studies the second semester preceding the summer session.
- Stipends are not paid to students who withdraw from or postpone the semester.
- Stipends are not be paid to warned students whose GPAs are below (2).
- Stipends are not paid to King Saud University students who get the approval of the deanship to study as a visitor at another university, until their exam results are received and entered on the academic system.
- SR 10 is deducted monthly from the stipend for the Student Fund.
- If the student does not draw the stipend within three months, it will be transferred to the Student Fund.
Payment Time of the stipend
King Saud University, representedin the Deanship of Admissions and Registration, is keen to pay stipends on time. Stipend payment is announced on the Deanship website and in some national newspapers.
- Students may check their stipend status through his account on the academic system portal by clicking on the stipend link. Students can review their stipend history along with the paid amounts. By clicking on the detail link, the financial details are displayed.
- Students should proceed to receive their ATM cards from theDeanship of Preparatory Year if they are freshmen, and from their colleges if not.
Students should check with the Deanship in the event that the stipend is due, but has not appeared on their accounts on the portal.
Male Students - Department of Stipends, Deanship of Admissions and Registration on the university campus.
Female Students - Department of Admissions and Registration for Female Students/ Building 22, on the university campus for female students in Dir'iyya.
Excellence rewards are restricted to Saudi undergraduate students and international scholarship students. - An excellence reward of SR 1000 is disbursed to students who achieve an excellent rating for two semesters in one academic year. The reward is deposited in the student's account. As for the students whose their stipends are stopped owing to the exhaustion of the original period of study, they need to receive the excellence reward check from the college.
Entitlement to Excellence Rewards
- An excellence reward of SR 1000 is paid to the regular student if he/she gets an excellent GPA rating of ( 4.50 ) in two consecutive semesters of the same academic year in accordance with the following equation: (Number of points of the first semester + number of points of the second semester ) / ( number of credit units of the first semester + number of credit units of the second semester) .
- It is paid to the regular student if he/she gets an excellent semester rating of (4.50 ) and has withdrawn from a semester in the same academic year .
- It is paid to the regular student if he/she gets an excellent semester rating of (4.50 ) and has deferred a semester in the same academic year .
- It is paid to the regular student if he/she gets an excellent semester rating of (4.50 ) and has a semester average of (0) as a result of entering the rating (P) next to a passed course.
- It is paid to the regular student if he/she gets an excellent semester rating of (4.50 ) and has joined the University in the second semester .
- It is paid to the graduated student if he/she gets an excellent semester rating of (4.50 ) in two consecutive semesters in the same academic year .
- It is paid to the graduated student in the first semester if he/she gets an excellent semester rating of (4.50 ).
- Graduated students are treated as regular students according to paragraphs (A,B).
- It is not paid to a student if he/she has a course rated as incomplete or pending.
- It is not paid to the regular student if he/she gets an excellent semester rating of (4.50) and has a semester average of (0) as a result of having a course rated as fail (F).
Book and Reference Allowance for Graduate Students
- The graduate student is paid(SR 900)as books and reference allowance for each academic year, (SR 3000)printing allowance for the Master's thesis, and (SR 4000 )for the PhD dissertation.
- Thebook and reference allowance is deposited in the student's account (non- employee) if his/her student number begins with 430 and above. Conditionally, he/she has registration and grades entered in the same semester. However, the student can receive the allowance from the accountant in his/her college if his student number begins with 429 and below. As for the graduate student who is employed at King Saud University, he/she can receive the allowance from the Deanship of Personnel.
- The Master's thesis and PhD dissertation printing allowance is deposited in the student's account (non- employee) after a grade is entered for him/her in the same graduation semester provided that his status on the academic system is graduated. As for the graduate student who is employed at the University of King Saud, he/she can receive printing allowance for the above-mentioned printing allowance from the Deanship of Personnel.